The popular British TV series Doctor Who just announced the actor who will play the 12th Doctor: Peter Capaldi. To mark yet another milestone for this popular show (not many TV shows make it through 12 seasons strong!), we searched our database for the most interesting infographics about it. Here are 17 of them:
- The show has been around for a very long time. In that time, there have been quite a few changes, all documented in Doctor Who Statistics.
- Each doctor has had different amounts of screen time. How Long Have You Lived Doctor takes a look at the duration of each doctor’s “life”.
- For a series to run for so long, it has to have good ratings. Doctor Who Ratings examines the ratings for the newer version of the series.
- Doctor Who Stories is a beautiful attempt to straighten out some of the wibbly wobbly timey wimeyness of time.
- There have been other cracks at showing the order in the Doctor’s timeline as well. The Complete Timeline of Doctor Who attempts to be comprehensive!
- Doctor Who Journeys Through Time puts the time distance of the Doctor’s journeys into perspective.
- And River Song’s Timeline shows the timeline of the Doctor’s wife/almost niece/time traveling companion. It’s complicated.
- Doctor Who’s Companions goes over the other people the Doctor has traveled with throughout his lives.
- And there’s even a general timeline of Series 1-6, that focuses on the overlap of all of the companions and doctors.
- But really time is not something that can be put in order or have cause and effect. It’s really just a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff.
- Doctor Who Network shows his network up until 2012.
- Doctor Who Enemies shows the overlapping enemies between the 9th, 10th and 11th Doctors.
- And the Who’s Who of Doctor Who examines the Doctors themselves.
- The Three Doctors gives a more detailed look at who each of the three new doctors have interacted with over the past few years.
- The arch nemesis of the Doctor is the Daleks. They are the reason for the demise of the other Time Lords, and despite being the thing the Doctor hates the most, they keep showing up. The Doctor vs. The Daleks delves into their appearances.
- For your own trip to the past, check out Doctor Who Enemies from the 1960s-70s.
- And for a general summary of who the Doctor is and what he’s about, check out Doctor Who.
If you aren’t familiar with the series, The Doctor travels through time and space. This leads to complex timelines in individual episodes alone, and mind-boggling complex timelines across the series.
What might be better than looking at the timeline of the Doctor is a network of the other characters he’s interacted with.