The Press Association has been busy this week preparing its live coverage of the royal birth (spoiler: it’s a boy!). The long-time Scribble client has built a syndication business around its real-time coverage, selling its coverage to both its newswire subscribers as well as clients in the Scribble network, all via our Scribble Market. They cover a combination of planned events (for example, sporting events, trials and premiers, and once-in-a-lifetime events such as this baby and the London Olympics). They also cover breaking news events, everything from the helicopter crashing in downtown London to Margret Thatcher’s death, with plenty in between. Any client syndicating the coverage can choose to host it as is, or add their own content and reader engagement to make it their own.
Here’s a short article the Press Association wrote to promote its real-time coverage:
Whether it is a royal baby, unfolding sport story, or a unique event you’d like to have covered live, our reporters deliver compelling, clever content to sit seamlessly on your website.
Let our rolling coverage plug in and increase user engagement, page views and boost your SEO by telling your story through full multi-media content and the best from Twitter.
Our blogs use a syndication platform that allows PA posts to be integrated with your own content, keeping you in control of the conversation.
- LiveBlogs are viewable on handheld and desktop devices, perfect for your audience who want dynamic content whenever, wherever;
- Quick and easy to integrate within your website or blog, plus it’s a fully hosted service;
- Flexible delivery – as an embed or a white-label html skin. Syndication options are also available.
- Let real-time coverage boost your SEO, increase page views and engagement;
- Make the generic unique by blending our content with yours plus ‘tweets from the street’;
- You can monetise your LiveBlog as branded content.