If your phone is stuffed with apps and your inbox overflowing with free product trials, we’ve got a job for you! ScribbleLive is looking for a tech-minded j-student or recent grad to take on an internship this fall.
Liveblogging has become the defacto tool for covering breaking news. If you’re not hitting the web within seconds of a newsbreak, or a major event, then you’re behind the competition. We want j-students to graduate with the skills they need to compete in today’s journalism environment.
That’s where you come in.
ScribbleLive is a Toronto-based startup that powers real-time journalism by making it easy for reporters to publish content – including text, photos, video, social media, SMS and voicemail – and interact with audiences up-to-the-second. Newsrooms all over the planet use ScribbleLive to cover events in real time.
Last year, ScribbleLive launched a j-school donation program. We’re looking for an intern that can help us train professors and j-students to cover events in real time. You’ll get a first-hand look at the tricks of the trade by engaging with newsrooms all over the planet. You’ll be able to hone your liveblog and multimedia skills and meet with leaders from the world’s top j-schools.
The ideal candidate is an engaged, curious and self-starting j-student or recent grad. This is a full-time position that lasts 12 weeks, with an honorarium of $1,500/month. Part-time candidates should still apply — we’re always looking for talented people!
- Meet with journalists and train them in best practices for liveblogging
- Provide support, answer questions and solicit feedback from clients
- Conduct demonstrations of the tool to prospective clients
- Contribute to ScribbleLive’s blog, Facebook and Twitter account
- Provide assistance during live events (including contributing to a client’s liveblog)
- Has studied journalism or worked as a journalist
- Multi-lingual is an asset
- Experience with social media
- Ability to work with a team (we’re a fun, energetic bunch)
Please send a resume. cover letter and clippings to Dana Lacey (email@example.com).
Deadline for applications is August 17.